This is something that all gals and even guys can relate to. No one wants to walk into a salon or barber shop and walk out embarrassed or dissatisfied. We want to walk out feeling confident and happy with our new look.
I've had the same hairstylist for most of my life, so this search made me a little nervous.
Here are 5 Tips To Find A Good Hairstylist:
1. Do Your Research - Use the internet, it's a great thing. Use Google, Yelp & Social Media. Search for salons near you, or search by using location and hashtags on Social Media.
2. Ask Questions - Don't hesitate to call a salon. Ask about their stylists, levels of experience, skills for what you are looking to have done, prices, and availability.
3. Read Reviews - Reviews can be so helpful. They can typically be found on Google or Yelp. I recommend reading reviews and writing reviews.
4. Look For A Portfolio - Pictures are worth a thousand words. I found that many stylists have photos on social media via their personal accounts or salon accounts. This is a great way to gauge what they are best at. For me particularly, I was on the search for someone who knew how to color and highlight blonde hair.
5. Don't Compromise - Be confident with your choice. It's okay to make an appointment and cancel if you find somewhere better. However, I would never recommend canceling the day of an appointment. Be courteous.
Shoutout to @hairbyshelbyraew for my happy, healthy hair!