This is a quick and easy recipe that can serve 4, but for just the 2 of us it made for a great lunch the next day.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp red chili paste or sriracha (optional)
- 1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce (or pre-cleaned and packaged leaf lettuce - major time saver)
D I R E C T I O N S:
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and red chili paste or sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
We also made 1 cup of white sticky rice in addition to the chicken lettuce wraps! YUM!
Hope you enjoy :)
Adapted from DamnDelicious